Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's obviously never about the money...

It's been a while...

I've been on OVERLOAD at the clinic...

I am not only an MA I am now the Surgery Scheduler/Coordinator...

My *life* as i knew it, ceases to exist...





Here is how this all started:



Our former Surg Coordinator retired, leaving the position wide open in our tiny little office. Not wanting to hire from the outside sources, we were left to wonder who was filling this position...



Wonder no longer, it is I, Uro*ma who shall save the day, oh, but not my sanity!



I litterally had a tutorial of the wonderfull world of Scheduling, for about 3 wks on and off. For most things in our office this would be plenty of time to be entirely proficient (or close to it) in anything.



Herein lies the roadblocks, at the time, we had 3 very busy drs and 7 offices...

(yes i said had)



This means that AT LEAST 3 days a week the drs had nothing but surgeries scheduled and it could be in a multitude of hospitals.... Awesome right? Nope, not even close sweetheart!



Could i do this job, well of course i can, i can do anything... *I couldnt even type that with a straight face* ;0) I COULD do it, I AM doing it and i am doing very well at it, i must say! the problem lies in the fact that we recently lost one of our doctors, he left the practice to persue other intrests... well whatever he was kinda an asshat anyways... EXCELLENT SURGEON, awesome dr, horrible, cocky little --well nevermind he is out of the picture...

Everything was actually going pretty awesome for around a week....

DUN DUN DUN...

Young Uro doc is now leaving us as well!! Not only leaving but moving across the country!!

I feel bad for him because we really do love him here, he obviously has no choice in leaving however, because things have begining to be a little less desirable for all of us as of late.

This whole situation begs the question of this: "What will happen to Uro*Ma?" Or all the other little happy employees in our office? Well there is one dr left and no one knows if when what or how anything in the future will happen. Our whole lives and forseeable futures hang in a quandry of not knowing. Frankly, it sucks.




Now, this post is less about my ability to do my job well and more about weather i will have a job to critique myself of at the end of the year...

We shall see...

~ Uro*ma

1 comment:

SeaSpray said...

Hi Uro ma! - Glad to see your posting again. I enjoy your posts. Like the new look of your blog.

Sounds like you have your hands full.

Maybe your doc will take on other partners.

I am curious. Did the doctor that left burn out with all the insurance and regulations, etc.? Threat of lawsuits.?

Ever read Throckmorton blog? He often points out the frustrations in medicine. WhiteCoat too.

Anyway ..you are the only medical assistant blog I am aware of and so you have interesting perspectives. And of course since I have been a uro patient (doing really well now :), I can relate.

Things always have a way of working out. I know it's hard being in the position of not knowing tho.

And you obviously have a great deal of experience and would be picked up quickly.