Monday, March 28, 2011

I am an MA not a magician!!....

It's been a long time since I have posted. That being said, it's been a very long year...

Losing TWO docs and having 3 staff leave makes our tiny office run off of pure will power. Being a Surgical Coordinator AND doing Prostate Biopsies, answering phones, doing any other procedure that is needed, coordinating cardiac clearance, keeping people sane, and all the millions of other things it feels like I do on a daily basis,.... is definitely taking its toll on me. It's getting hard to want to go in and be one my "A" game when it feels like no one else is.

Without trying to sound like a martyr, it's not easy dealing with all this shit everyday and putting a smile on your face while you do it!

Someone has to though, right?

Sometimes I just want to curl up under my desk (ewww) and take a nap. Just for a few minutes... Do you think anyone would notice??

OK, enough whining!!






1 comment:

SeaSpray said...

Hi UroM*a - Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement. :)

I'm really glad you posted again and hope you continue.

Sounds like it's been tough on you. Do you still enjoy working there?

You say whine ..I say vent ..okay ..I vent and I whine. But it's important to have a release and hopefully gain perspective.

Did anyone come in to replace them? If they are not on their "A" game can anything be done about it? Because it sounds like you will burn out if you don't address some things.

Also sounds very interesting.