We have 3 Doctors in our very busy office and are usually on our feet running around like crazy 8 hrs a day!! Anyone in the medical field will tell you that even in a private office setting, the hours of 8-4 often turn into 7:30-5:00 or 6:00 pm. My day consists of charting, rooming, vitals, procedures, answer phones, check pts in, check pts out, take msgs for the dr, call pts back,calling in meds , scheduling and having fun!!! Not always in that order or all at once, actually sometimes all at once!!!! lol
Want to be an MA? Learn how to multitask!!! (and not panic lol ) I am one of the select few in my office that thrive during chaos. I know (for the most part) what is going on in what room, with whom, and why at any given time. There are exceptions lol,
1st exception: Dr goes in the wrong room
2nd exception: I need to speak to a pt on the phone, I lose track. lol why ?(See 1st exception )
3rd exception: Dr wants to do the Cysto before the Prostate us/bx there goes my order!!!
Its a crazy life and at the end of the day, it really is worth it. I have always wanted to help people. When i was little (lol im only 24 ) I used to watch M*A*S*H with my mom all the time, i loved that show!!! I knew from that moment that I wanted to be a nurse of some sort. I've always known that. Im what you call a self proclaimed nerd. My idea of fun, reading my PDR, learning about new procedures and watching HOUSE MD. I love that show. In my future posts I will definitely be touching on more specific situations, but right now its time to watch HOUSE ....
No comments:
Post a Comment